- Cosmetic Surgery
- Arm Lift
- Back Ears
- Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Cheekbone Implants
- Chin Augmentation
- Chin Shaving
- Eyelid (lower)
- Eyelid (upper)
- Face Lift
- Forehead Lift
- Hair Transplant
- Neck Lift
- Tummy Tuck
- Arm Lift Surgery, Phuket
- Botox Surgery, Phuket
- Breast Enlargement, Phuket
- Breast Lift Surgery, Phuket
- Breast Implants, Phuket
- Hair Transplants, Phuket
- Liposuction Surgery, Phuket
- Stem Cell Treatment, Phuket
- Face Lift Surgery, Phuket
- Neck Lift Surgery, Phuket
- Tummy Tuck Surgery, Phuket
Lower Eyelid Surgery
Does your eyes look tired all the time even though you do not feel tired?, Does your eyes make you look older than you are? This treatment is just for you. It will make you feel fresh and look young again.
What is Lower eyelid surgery?
Lower eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids or both, and give a younger appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes.
Eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the lower eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (color portion of the eye)
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Is it right for me?Eyelid surgery is usually performed on adult men and women who have healthy facial tissue and muscles and have realistic goals for improvement of the upper and/or lower eyelids and surrounding area.
Good candidates are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
- Eye disease such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders or diabetes
The Cost: Available upon requested for Lower Eyelid Surgery and Lower & Upper Eyelid Surgery
Duration: Operation will take around thirty minutes to two hours.
Hospital stay: Outpatients
There will be stitches in both lids that will remain for up to about a week. It is common for swelling, and occasionally, bruising to occur, but within one to two weeks the eyelids will look normal.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can make a remarkable difference in the appearance of the face, alleviating the appearance of tiredness and old age by eliminating the excess, wrinkly skin beneath the eyes. The eyes appear fresher and more youthful, and the results may last for many years. The degree of improvement varies from patient to patient.
What is the long-term outcome like for most people?
The more alert, youthful look that this surgery provides is usually long lasting. Thin scars may remain slightly pink for six months or so, but can easily be concealed with makeup. They eventually fade to a thin, nearly invisible white line. The removal of fat is permanent, but the looseness of the skin and fine wrinkling of the eyelid area may return in the future.
Even though the aging process continues, patients are usually happy with their appearance for many years following eyelid surgery. Some patients find that they want to make additional improvements at a later time. If continued loss of skin tone in the forehead later causes sagging of the eyebrows, a forehead lift or second eyelid procedure may be performed.